Buttermilk Custard Pie
Serves 8
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
(I made my crust using the crust from this recipe)
Beat eggs well. Add sugar slowly, and beat well. Beat in butter. Add buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until all ingredients are well blended. Pour into pastry shell and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Chill and serve.
Recipe given by Carl Martin Hames
Seriously though - go buy this cookbook if you don't have it. I love it! Anytime I have made something from it people go crazy and want the recipe and think I'm a great cook. (I just follow other people's good directions!)
Lastly, I'd like to say that I want to try this recipe super soon! It looks incredible and David almost ate the computer screen when I showed him.
3 comments:
I can't wait to make this, I hope it comes out as good as yours did!
Thanks again for having us over dinner!
Hey Mary Beth!
Our family loves this recipe! And we fondly refer to it as BM pie. It's a great way to scare dinner guests when you tell them what's for dessert. Can't wait to see you in St Louis! Heard y'all got Gulf Drive...that's awesome! Talk soon. Liz
YUM...you know I will try this!!
Post a Comment