10/8/12

Father, name your daughter... part 3

This weekend David's parents came to town. They came to hear him preach on Sunday morning and we squeezed every ounce of energy we could out of them with play time and.. um...yard work. I am tons of fun to visit, aren't I!? Anyway, they did an amazing job back there helping us get rid of lots of overgrowth from no one living here for a year and a half and instructing us in the ways of yard management for us newbies. As Bruce always says, parenting never ends! I'm glad they are willing to walk along side us as we learn all new worlds of growing up.

Saturday night we all went out to dinner at Manuel's Bread Cafe in North Augusta, South Carolina to celebrate David's birthday. It is in a very cute neighborhood and right on the River Walk. 

After a very yummy meal we ordered desserts for the birthday celebration and David had a surprise for us! Our server brought out a special "dessert" where David sealed the deal on what our baby girl is going to be named. David and I had been discussing names a lot. I liked a few but couldn't settle on one and I told him to just pull the trigger. So he did at dinner as a surprise to everyone! I loved it! SO.... her name will be....
 Anna Helen Ely
 It was a fun and sweet way to announce her name! Thank you, David! AND Happy early birthday!
Anna is a latin form of the Hebrew name Hannah (which was also on our list of names we liked) and  means grace. Helen means torch. As we prayed over this name we prayed that she will live up to her name and be a torch of grace. Letting her light shine for God's amazing grace. We already love this little girl so much and can hardly wait to meet her in 3 months!
 And as a side note, sweet Elizabeth Joy has started a new way of letting us know she is not happy about something - with this "stink eye" look while her little arms are folded over her plumpy belly. It makes me laugh every time - followed by some parenting and instruction that yes, I love her and no, she will not always get her way and pouting is not respectful... Parenting definitely has joys and trials all wrapped into one moment at times!
Just for fun:
Father, name your daughter... part 1
Father, name your daughter... part 2

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love the name! Catherine is Anna Catherine, so I know I'm partial. Beautiful! What will you call her?