We are in Colorado Springs right now! Caroline was a doll on her first airplane flight. She slept on David's shoulders for 2 hours on the flight from Charlotte to Dallas. That was great too because we had no one sitting next to us, so when Caroline was awake she was in the seat between us playing with her toys. It was a seamless flight! From Dallas to Colorado Springs she was good too. She was tired so she cried a tiny bit, but slept in my arms for a lot of it too.
So, this is where we are: Glen Eyrie in Colorado Springs. I worked here our first year of marriage, so it is fun to see some of my old co workers and see my old stomping grounds. Glen Eyrie is such a restful place. It is so nice to go walking on the grounds, read, rest and pray.
David and I went on a marriage getaway during our first year of marriage. We both believe it helped our marriage so much. We also made a commitment to do something like that - a marriage tune-up - every year. Now that we have Caroline it will take a bit more planning to have someone keep her so we can have some time alone, but it seems like it will be so worth it for the health of our marriage. We would LOVE to be able to come back to The Glen for their Marriage Getaway every couple of years. Something about being at The Glen is so special, we hope to keep it in our lives even when we are not ministering as Navigators.
This morning on our way to breakfast I saw some of my favorite visitors to the Glen - big horn sheep.
When I worked here it was so fun looking out of my office window to see tons of big horn, turkeys, bunnies and deer. All of them quickly showed themselves when we arrived here!
It is so sweet to be at these summits. All the EDGE Corps staff get together twice a year to go through training and be refreshed. I love it because we make some great friends in EDGE Corps and then we are scattered all over the country. I will miss these summits so much! David and I are really cherishing these times. Both of us stayed up later than normal talking to great buddies. It was funny - we had four couples in one of our rooms. All the girls were huddled on the bed talking about marriage, babies, etc and all the boys were huddled on the other bed watching YouTube clips and talking about football.
Here is another view of the grounds at Glen Eyrie. If you haven't been before it would be a great destination for you! It isn't expensive either! You can stay for as low as 50 dollars a night! (Sorry for the plug - I just love it here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment