5/1/09

Pesto Pea Pasta Salad

Here is the recipe for the Pesto Pea Pasta, from my sister Sarah
1 small jar of Classico Pesto
Block of frozen spinach - thawed and drained
1 cup of Mayo
Lemon Juice (a good squirt - maybe 1 to 2 tablespoons?)

put these ingredients in the Cuisinart and whip them until they are smooth

1/2 pound of mini bowtie and mini pinwheel pasta (I cooked them separate)
1.5 cups of frozen peas
1 Tbls of olive oil

When you drained the pasta, have the peas in the bottom of the colander so that the hot water and pasta would cook the peas. After they are drained, put in a table spoon of oil to keep the pasta from sticking together. 

Let the pasta cool (I put in the fridge for a little bit because I am impatient). Once it is cool, mix the Pesto mix in with it. 

Dry roast pine nuts and mix it in then the pasta and pesto.  Top with 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. 

No comments: