5/15/09

Ways in which Mary Beth & Caroline are alike

My beautiful wife & charming daughter have a lot in common:

1) They both are extraverts
Example: Caroline will give up feedings just to see old friends and meet new ones. 
Mary Beth is energized by spending time with others

2) Both have put a spell on me
Example: I imagine it's pretty common for this to happen... Every time Caroline smiles, she makes my heart melt. Ditto for Mary Beth!

3) Both can easily differentiate between the brand name and the knock-off
Example: When I try to feed Caroline formula (which is rare), she acts like she's gagging before the bottle even reaches her lips. She has a pained look on her face and looks at me like, "Um, are you KIDDING?"She knows the good stuff.
Mary Beth has an uncanny ability of distinguishing between minor differences in flavor -- for instance, CranApple vs. off-brand CranApple, Diet Coke vs. Caffeine-free Diet Coke.

4) They sleep in similar positions
Example: There are several times where I have found them snuggled up against one another, in the same position -- on their backs, right hand extended over the head, slightly open mouth, pleasant breathing.

5) If both find something they like, then they REALLY like it
Example: Caroline is crazy about her jump-and-go! She will still want to bounce & jump for minutes on end, even AFTER she has been taken out of jumper. Mary Beth is infatuated with: traveling, other cultures, CranApple, Diet Coke (see above), the Moo-Moo Mr. Cow mini-burrito at Moe's, Harry Potter (I'm also guilty), all things Auburn (ditto), among other things.

That's it for now. I challenge Mary Beth to come up with other similarities. They're certainly there. 

-David

2 comments:

Confessions said...

what a sweet post! :)

LA said...

To quote Mudder: they are both "cuter than a puppy dog's tail" :-)