10/17/08

Three years ago this week...

Three years ago this week David and I started dating :-)

Let's walk down memory lane.

David and I were in an organization at Auburn called The War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen (WEGP). We traveled to all the away football games. This weekend in the 2005 season was the Arkansas game. So WEGP left on Thursday to drive to Fayetteville, on the way we stopped in Memphis for the night. That night we had a great time. The picture below is of David and me sitting next to each other at Corky's. At this point - nothing had happened - we were just David and Mary Beth, those friends in WEGP.After Corky's we all decided to go to The Peabody to be tourists. As we were walking around David cleaverly made sure he was walking by me. We were just talking and being friendly when all of a sudden David said, "Mary Beth, I can't help but have a crush on you." I was stunned and then it was awkward. I didn't really know how to react and he was being so sweet. So I did the mature thing and avoided him all night. This picture is us in Patty O's on Beale Street. Notice me in the front with Davey and David all the way in the back!! I'm so terrible. This is David, Joy Beth, Shelton, and Lauren dancing that night too. Lauren knew David's plans to tell me, without me knowing - and I ran to her as soon as I could to tell her what he said!! So, in Arkansas, David did a great job not being offended by my weirdness. He played things really cool the rest of the weekend and we had a lot of fun together. That weekend with WEGP was one of my favorite weekends ever! We all had a great time. This was also the weekend that the trifecta was at its most obnoxious :-) But we loved it.

Finally, on the way home he decided to make a plan and asked me to go to lunch with him the following Wednesday. I quickly said yes - totally forgetting that I had Shakespeare class during our date, oh well! We went to Hamiltons in Auburn on Wednesday, October 19th for lunch and that "lunch" lasted about 4 hours!! We hit it off immediately and became "Mary David" as our friends lovingly called us. Ha.

The rest of our relationship revolved around more Auburn football games. We travelled to LSU the next weekend where Emily Kloess (now York) said "Mary Beth - he looks at you like he LOVES you!" I told her to hush but secretly hoped he would. Then the Ole Miss game was at home - and we stayed up almost all night Friday night talking in an ROTC tree fort on campus and decided we wouldn't date anyone else besides each other. (This is the spot where he later proposed.) We were both dead at the game from no sleep. Then away again for the Kentucky game where we were not sure we wanted to tell WEGP yet that we were official - even though it was totally obvious. David made sure that I was his partner to this game so we would have to spend the whole game together. The next weekend was at Georgia - I dared him to eat a lemon off the floor of a bar (yuck) and he did! I knew he really liked me (ha). Then Alabama - we decided to let the world know we were official. We talked about it over cheese dip at Laredos. WEGP was like a crazy family so we kind of - slightly - tried to hide how into each other we were - but from what I hear there was no hiding it. So after the Alabama game we decided no more hiding.

Here we are in Lexington at the Kentucky gameHere we are at dinner before ADPi's Mallard Ball
Here we are at the Beta Halloween party dressed up at Tacky Tourists. Then - the day after the bowl game against Wisconsin in Orlando - we got engaged! Shew!Now - we are married, live together, have a dog and are having a baby girl in 48 days!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

1 word- adorable! =)

Amanda said...

Um..you left out that David had to consult the rest of the Trifecta about this too. There was lots of that. And lots of Pooches and Puddles.

Mary Beth said...

oh Poooches and Puddles - I could blog about that entire weekend forever! That was such a great weekend. I'll add a trifecta pic :-)

Lauren said...

Best part was David asking me that night what he should do...and I was like 'Awesome, ask her out for sure next week!' Little did we know he would do it 5 seconds later. Most fun weekend ever, we were so obnoxious! "Lawyer, Audit, Law School..." "Go re-fix yourself"