This weekend was a fun one! I took 15 students to Myrtle Beach Friday through Sunday. Friday night we went to dinner at one of the students homes and played get to know you games (two truths and a lie is always a winner). That night we played a late night pictionary game. Of course I almost fell asleep sitting up and had to go to bed early.. darn pregnancy exhaustion!
Saturday we got up had a nice Dunkin Donuts breakfast, played on the beach, and met all afternoon planning for our alumni association's student advisory board. That evening we went to Dixie Stampede, a dinner theater show where we watched horse racing competitions as the crowd competed as Yankees v. Southerners. The Yankees won by one that evening - yet again! It was a hilarious show sponsored by miss Dolly Partin who sang a song at the end about how we are now directionally-blind - not just northerners, southerners, easterners and westerners, but all American.I didn't realize how prissy I was when they served me a dinner of an entire roasted chicken, baked potato, soup, pork, a biscuit with no silverware! I had to tear that chicken apart with my fingers and then watch confederate and yankee chicken race eachother right after it! I had a fun time though :-) I ended the night with a painful Auburn game and then a game of Taboo.
The beach was beautiful and the weather was great! We all agreed this was the best retreat yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment