Below are the fabrics I'm using. Karen, David's mom, is sewing the crib bumper and skirt.
This is the bumper fabric:

This is the bed skirt fabric:
Ok, now you will see my nerdy side :-) Since high school (that far back?!) I have decided that I want my little girl's nursery theme to be "Flower of Beauty". In my high school choir we sang a beautiful song with that title. I think the lyrics are sweet, I loved singing the song, etc. I would love to incorporate the first verse in the room somehow?? Maybe a vintage background with the lyrics and her initials in a bold color over it? I don't know.
I'd love to hear ideas from all you creative folks out there! I'm into do-it-yourself too if y'all know how to do that! Also - any ideas on cheap places to purchase any of the needs above?
Here's the song if you are interested in hearing it. This is not my choir - but it is funny we had a trip to London/Paris where we had to wear khaki's and a grey t-shirt (which I thought was a horrible combo) and here's another choir with the same song and the same outfit!
This is the first verse:
She is my slender small love, my flower of beauty fair.
From the whiteness of her little feet to the shining of her hair.This is the first verse:
She is my slender small love, my flower of beauty fair.
More fair she is than April rain on daffodil or tree.
My flower of beauty; she...the next verse is when she's grown up to be a bride.
3 comments:
Ok so I MIGHT be able to help.
1. Wooden wall letters are "all the rage" haha right now. I bought Ansleigh's on ebay but since I've found them on etsy.com. Everything on there is handmade and people will custom paint the letters for you. Either route you go, you can send pics of the fabric and details of the room and they will match it for you.
2. As far as the verse, it might be pretty near the green chair. Also on etsy, there are people who make wall decals that I believe are rub-on. I'm positive you can find someone who would make a decal with the lyrics on it.
3. Wall art--not the cheapest route, but check pottery barn kids. Also you could look on www.art.com.
this will be a really sweet nursery, Mary Beth! what a treat to have custom bedding :)
supposedly making lampshades out of fabric can be pretty easy, so if you have any left (or if it's inexpansive enough to buy some more) that would be a neat touch. you could grab one of those simple white spindle-type lamps from Target.
I think these posters/prints would compliment the bedding nicely:
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--12553587/sp--A/igid--1919546/Heirloom_Pink_Rose.htm?sOrig=CAT&sOrigID=2200&ui=142B067F55184EC19CFF58D5F7372AE3
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--10291271/sp--A/igid--879962/Antique_Roses.htm?sOrig=CAT&sOrigID=2200&ui=142B067F55184EC19CFF58D5F7372AE3
http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--10093029/sp--A/igid--858316/Arrangement_of_Pink_Roses.htm?sOrig=CAT&sOrigID=2200&ui=142B067F55184EC19CFF58D5F7372AE3
a couple of those framed in simple, inexpansive frames would go a long way in filling a wall.
I don't really trust myself with a paint brush (except the kind made for painting walls) so I don't know if I can help with the verse, but I think it's really sweet! I have heard of custom wall decals that you can order in whatever verse you want, but don't remember the source. a little time spent in Google might come up with something.
looks great so far! I don't know how I'll ever choose nursery decor ...
oh and rugs! I am dying for one of these. they offer indoor/outdoor treatments, which seems like a good option for a nursery/kid's room. And the sort of graphic stripes could be fun to mix with the florals you've already got going.
http://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/RDA154
http://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/RDA152
http://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/RP42
Here's a list of vendors in SC, and I know that Harmony Landing in Homewood carries them too: http://www.dashandalbert.com/buy/state/SC
Post a Comment