David was asked to fill in for a preacher that was out of town for the holidays this Sunday. We packed up super early on Sunday morning and drove an hour and a half to Owensville, Missouri to a little church called Redeeming Grace Fellowship.
I was so proud of David! He led the litergy and preached the sermon and then after a time of fellowship (with some amazing chocolate mint cookies that Caroline couldn't get enough of) he led Sunday school! I was so glad that David had the opportunity to do this! This is the type of situation that David is preparing for. David does hope to be a pastor one day. He looked totally calm and comfortable up on the stage. I asked him afterwards how he felt and he said, "I actually enjoyed it!" Shew! :-) What a blessing to have some confirmation that this is something he not only feels called to do, but enjoys.
I drove us to Owensville and on the way David practiced his sermon. He sat in the back seat with Caroline and it was a precious sight seeing those two. She just sat and listened to him, staring at him as he preached in the back seat. I smiled as I watched them in my rear view mirror and thought of how sweet it will be that she will probably grow up listening to her daddy preach.
David preached on Luke 5:1-11 during the service and taught about parenting in Sunday school based off his recent reading of the book Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel.
No comments:
Post a Comment