6/9/09

Back to school

Please enjoy the lovely photo of my hydrangea bush. Last night we had some couples over for dinner and I cut fresh flowers to adorn the table... first time of my marriage to do that! How lovely... :-)
The Ely family is back to school! We had exactly a month off :-) I graduated on May 8th and David started class on June 8th! Here he is, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7:30 am for his first class! Ready to make it through a hail storm to get to class! eek!
Things are in full swing. David is taking Greek this summer and he is already downstairs with Jonathan, a study partner from his class (who happens to live down the street - pretty handy!). 

On my side of the world, I am enjoying feeding Caroline baby food (as I keep mentioning). Tonight while the guys have been studying, I have been preparing Caroline's meals. This is pumpkin! Yummmm ;-) 
I don't have a steamer, does anyone have advice on how to steam without one? A plastic bag in a microwave doesn't seem save with all that plastic getting in the food - or am I totally making that up? I guess I could google it...

2 comments:

Confessions said...

my mother never had a steamer...she would put veggies in a microwave safe dish (i'd use glass/pyrex) and fill with about 1/3 inch of water. power up that microwave for a few minutes and voila...steamed veggies. just drain and mash (or stick in the blender) for caroline!!

John and Brooke said...

You may have heard of these but Ziploc makes SteamFresh bags. They are on the aisle with the plastic bags. They are specifically designed for steaming veggies. Not sure if they are very cost efficient since you would have to use a new one each time (I think) but it may be worth a shot. I am reading the book Super Baby Food right now and I think it would be right up your ally....it is all about making baby food in advance and it is from ages 6 months to 3 years....