6/19/09

My growing girl

Our baby girl is crawling!! It is so crazy that now when I put her down, she won't be right where I left her! My life has also changed with this new phase because the first thing I do in the morning in vacuum. With summer and a shedding dog, it is a requirement. 

She also doesn't love her exersaucer anymore! (horror!) She wants to be out and about, moving and grooving! 
So this is what she loves right now - for me to dump out all her toys on the floor and she crawls to them and plays. 
It is really cute. 

I'm still enjoying making baby food. Today I made her squash. I do not like squash, but wanted her to. It looked so good and refreshing when I made it that I took a taste. Mom always told me "Your taste buds change every seven years! You never know when that seven years will be (I asked - it doesn't start from birth). So try something you think you hate because today might be the day!" I think it was totally fabricated due to the frustration of a picky eater as a daughter... but I still try things (sometimes) that I know I hate in case "today is the day". Well, I tried it and today was not the day. Caroline acted like it wasn't either - but she cleaned her plate with reluctance!

2 comments:

Mary and Bill Stegall said...

She's such a happy baby! Y'all are doing a good job with her.
Mama

Anonymous said...

Is that winter squash or yellow crookneck? I can't quite tell from the color.
I grilled yellow crookneck & zucchinni for the first time Sun. at La Costa C/SV for Frank's b'day, at his request). It was sooo delicious, plain & or seasoned with a light brush of melted butter a sprinkle of Zatarains- yum. Maybe you'd like that...?
Thanks for sharing :-). xo LA