When David and I first got married I would get these sudden shocks every once in a while. I would think (and often say) "Woah! We're married!". It was like I was living my life totally normal like I had any other day and then -bam- I'd think, I am someone's wife! It seemed to happen a lot when I would wake up in the morning and see David. I would say "We're married to each other!". These were not giggly school girl excited statements or statements out of regret or fear. I think that I would simply just forget that something in MY life had changed for the rest of my life. That lasted for about a year.
I just had one of those -bam- moments! A car drove in our driveway, Pete and Caroline both looked to the back door to watch for David. I told them "That's not Daddy" then -bam- I realized, David (that guy I'm married to) is someone's DADDY. and that someone is MY DAUGHTER!
WOAH
3 comments:
I have those same WOAH moments all the time! (well, the ones about being married!!) We've been married almost 2 years and I still do it! Glad I'm not the only one!
I have some of those moments too! Loved the "one year" post by the way. So true that time flies and a year can make a huge difference! How are moving plans coming?
I join everyone in saying I still have the whoa moments about being married AND about having a child! They are fun moments of being so thankful, though!
Post a Comment