4/27/09

D-O-N-E- Done!

Well... as my momma would say, "Only chicken is done. You are finished." But that would be a lot of spelling... lets try it.

F-I-N-I-S-H-E-D Finished!

I have submitted my last practicum report, uploaded my last essay, gone to my last class (last week) and am, as of this morning, officially finished with graduate school (for now). 

For some reason, I feel like I have to add that little tag - "for now". I have been a student for about 20 years now and it seems weird to say that I will never be a student again. So, I'll keep the tag - for now.

I kind of will be a student at Covenant. All spouses of covenant students can go to school for free! So, I could get another masters for free if I want (which I don't right now). Also, Covenant "adopts" a class or two a semester to have free childcare so that spouses can attend class together. We plant to take advantage of that and I am super excited! 

So, now it is time to freelax (my niece coined the term) and get ready for our big ole move. 

One thing I am super pumped about is my best friend and college roommate, Erin, is moving from Colorado to Hilton Head next week! So, I get to help them move and hang out with her! It is long overdue!! Then we will be South Carolina residents together for a few weeks. 

This is my mini-version of my Erin story. I became friends with her in 9th grade, hung out a bunch, were Lobsters for Disciple Now and cheered together. Then we both went to Auburn together, sophomore through senior year we lived together, we got married a month apart and BOTH moved to Colorado, hung out as often as we could there (she was in Denver and I in Colorado Springs). Now it has been super tough being separated - and it is amazing what two time zones can do to limit phone conversations. So! She's moving here (sadly just before I'm moving away). I have no doubt she'll be a friend for a lifetime. She is one of the most selfless, loving friends I have ever had! What a treat!

I have a gazillion pictures of us over the past 10 years but not on this computer - so here are some from senior year.
Here we are on the way to ADPi's Mallard Ball senior year. 
Here we are excited that our wedding registry's were out on display at Ware Jewelers in Auburn
Here she is helping me get ready to walk down the aisle!
I love that girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being done!! It's such an awesome feeling... I know that you are going to do great things!

Katy Robertson said...

congrats mary beth, as of next wednesday I will be in the same boat--finished FOR NOW. I am like you, I kindof suspect I will always be up for more education if the chance comes up.

Have fun with Erin. What a fun way to celebrate the end of grad school...by seeing your best pal. Tell her hey for me!

Rosemary and Tim said...

Awww..tell Erin hi for me! Loved the flashback pictures.

On an unrelated matter, I've been loving the navigators daily devotions. Been meaning to tell you that for a while. They're a great start to my day!