1/26/09

Stroller Strides

Ok, ok.... I've joined the social motherhood beehive. I have joined a Stroller Strides workout group and I really love it! It is as it sounds - we take our babies in strollers and work out together! We are led by a fellow mother who is a certified work out instructor - and after my first work out, I couldn't walk for three days! It was that good. I decided that this would be a fun way to have interaction with other moms and get back in shape. We chat the entire time we work out, ooh and aww over each others babies, encourage each other about being good mothers (which is something first time moms - aka me - like to hear) and get into shape - all at 9:00 am on MWFs. 
Today we had a free class at Gymboree after we worked out. That was a bit hokey but filled with laughter!  We did cute things for the babies like let them lay under a colorful parachute and spin it around so they could experience the colors, blow bubbles, & sing tons of interactive songs. Caroline and I (since she was the youngest) did tummy time (where she was greatly applauded for being such a good head-holder-upper), played with maracas, and practiced tracking various colorful objects with her eyes. I wouldn't do this frequently because I can do lots of it at home for free, but I must admit it was fun. We all played with each others babies and laughed at each other and ourselves. 
Being a mom is fun in a new way. 

I might have pictures soon - one of the moms took lots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope you and Caroline continue to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! What a blast!
Karen

The Gentrys said...

Caroline is beautiful Mary Beth! I know ya'll are having so much fun with her!