1/2/09

My sweet little... boy??

When we got home to Columbia from Birmingham, I was very excited to check our mail. The reason was that I knew 1. we'd have tons of Christmas cards for me to open and 2. that Caroline's birth certificate would be there. I love all these first milestones of her life, including getting her first birth certificate (well, her first 8! I ordered 8 to be safe! am I crazy?). I opened the package quickly and was reading the words on the page, thinking to myself how funny it was that the boy I had a crush on my sophomore year in college now had his name next to mine on a birth certificate for our daughter... or was it our SON?! All of a sudden I noticed that all eight of her birth certificates said that Caroline was a boy!

Immediately, I had visions of how I was going to prove that my sweet girl was in fact a female and needed it changed! Mom calmed my fears and said I could get the doctor to write a note - much better than stripping her down to her birthday suit at the Health Departmant. Lets hope it works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my- bless your heart. Did you know that Granddandy had a mix up on his birth certificate gender also? I remember him telling me that he had to take his mom & the family Bible to the "authorities" to get it corrected. Just think- Caroline is his first descendant born in his home state & this similarity occurs...I think there's a cosmic chuckle in this :-).xo