1/22/09

Baptism Gown and Recipe

I had promised to upload pictures of Caroline in her baptism gown. It is a GORGEOUS gown that Bruce and Karen gave to Caroline. I love looking at this dress. It is very old and I'm sure has a cool history. Karen and I wish we knew the history - but we don't. It was hand made by some master seamstress, we're sure. I wish I were a better photographer, but I have lots of time to learn over the next few years :-)
Here is the recipe! My brother-in-law, KC, said he'd like to be buried in a mountain of this salad. This is my sister-in-law's recipe from our baptism lunch.

Wild Rice Salad
2 c. wild rice, cooked
1/2 c white rice cooked
1/2 c diced red bell pepper
1/2 c chopped tomato
1/4 c green peas cooked
1/4 c red onion diced
1/4 c green beans cut into pieces
4 T frozen apple juice
2 T red wine vinegar
2 T basil
1 T fresh parsley
1 T fresh tarragon
1 T fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine, toss well and season to taste

3 comments:

Elise Hollinhead said...

I just wanted to say how beautiful your daughter is, Marybeth! I really can see the resemblence! Hope your family is doing well.

Anonymous said...

That dress is absolutely breathtaking! The work that went into making it is beyond my ability and comprehension. Don't believe there will ever be a prettier one.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful clothes & delicious healthy food- what a great way to live! xo