We are really happy with our new house! I have been so tired lately though that I have had very little motivation to do all the painting, decorating, furniture redo, etc that I've been dreaming of! Now that I am in my 2nd trimester though, I'm getting a little more umph.
Here are some map I reframed. Karen gave me these frames that did have sail boats in it. The boats were pretty, but I'm not really a boat girl. I am a map girl however. So here are the states where we're born. EJ in Missouri, David and me in Alabama, Caroline in South Carolina. Soon I'll need to get a Georgia map for this baby #3!Here is Caroline's room. I have plans to paint it blue, find some fabric to make some fun pillows and curtains. I look at fabric online all the time, but haven't found a fabric store here yet (haven't looked either). I want to touch and feel the fabric before I buy it.
This is Elizabeth Joy's room. I plan to paint hers pink, make her a dust ruffle and make some fun art.
This is our master bedroom. David and I want to buy a bed (headboard, footboard), get some art for above the bed, matching lamps for the bedside tables, a new rug, maybe a bench for the end of the bed, and paint the walls. :-) not much - right? ha.
Here is the living room. In the corner is the dining room, behind the TV is the playroom. Behind the couch is the kitchen!
Here is my sewing cabinet. I love that I can have a sewing cabinet! I have plans to organize and decorate (ish) the inside so that when I open it, inspiration is pouring out! To the right is our auburn montage :-) and under is a pretty magnolia carved wood chair from David's grandparents - that I use to sit in while I sew. I've actually sewed recently! This week was my first to sew since I've been pregnant.
And here is the outside. David is the yard man - which he plans to dive into making it pretty once he finishes ordination (and maybe when it isn't quite so hot!) David finishes his oral exam today at presbytery!
This post is a good to-do list for me! I'll try to update the blog as I move through the house. I'm glad we will be here for a while because I can tell the house is going to take a long time - especially with baby on the way! Oh, that room with the arched window on the right is the guest room/baby room. Once we find out the gender, I'll start figuring out what to do with that!

2 comments:
So glad you did this so everyone can see your great house. So happy for all of you that you have your own house and can "spread out"! You didn't mention the screened porch. Ah!
love it!!! love catching up and seeing your "space"! love how big your living room is! so great for all the families and kids you will have over. looks like a great living room to watch football! where is the new babe going to go? did i miss that?
Post a Comment