7/9/12

Out of my oldest's mouth

Caroline cracks me up with the things she says often. I realized that I don't often write them down! I don't want to forget so here are two, just from today!

Caroline has a serious sweet tooth - just like both her parents! I often get requests for sweets from her. Today had a surprising twist. This afternoon after lunch she said,

"Momma, may I have some ice cream?"
"No."
"Cookies?"
"No."
"Popsagiddle?" (aka popsicle)
"No."
"How about grits?"

I laughed and thought, that's my girl! This request for grits like they are cookies does come after my sister Sarah made some pretty incredible grits this past week in Big Canoe. Sarah has a way of making everything taste incredible...

The next quote came from supper tonight. I made Jambalaya - which honestly wasn't the best choice on a day with 100+ weather... seriously watermelon and a cold salad would have been perfect. Anyway... she took a couple bites and said,

"Momma, I love you and I think you are pretty." "But this july-ah isn't pretty. May I have some yogurt?" 

She made me laugh with that one. I am noticing that she is like her daddy in that she is sensitive to feelings. She wanted to make sure I was affirmed before she hit me with the hard facts. :-) Or she just wanted to butter me up in hopes of a more positive outcome on her end (possibly a scheme of I would have tried as a kid)....

No comments: