12/3/09

Happy Birthday, Caroline


Today is Caroline's birthday. It was a nice day. While I fed her this morning after her morning nap I started to think about the first time I held her a year ago today. I started to get a little emotional thinking of how grateful I am to be her mom. I love her more than I ever knew I could.

This day sure was very different a year ago than it is today! I mean.. that is an understatement. Today last year was amazing, scary, hard, tiring, exciting, exhausting. I had no idea what to expect or do. I still don't, but hey, at least I sleep now! :-)

This afternoon, the mom's of the lower U came over today to have apple cider, cookies and play time to celebrate Caroline's birthday. It was such a sweet time. I am surrounded by some great moms
and today was great with them.

This is Lucy being held by her mother Carrie

Here we are just hanging out! In the pic are (L to R) Katie, Elsie, Ruby, Caroline, Autumn, Caleb
The babies did a lot of pointing at the tree, looking out windows and playing with toys.

Tonight David and I got Caroline a chocolate cupcake from our favorite place, Jilly's.
Kelly came for dinner to celebrate as well! It was lots of fun!
I love you so much, Caroline!
10 months 8 month 8 months
7 months 6 months
5 months 4 months 3 months
2 months 1 month Caroline month by month

3 comments:

Emalee said...

I called yesterday and forgot to tell that 1 year old congratulations on her birthday. . .my scattered brain! I'm glad it was a fun day. She gets cuter every day :). Love you!

Jennifer said...

happy birthday, Caroline! and congrats MB and David on what has seemed like a great first year of parenthood!

Stephanie said...

So I decided to flash back to your posts from a year ago when you 1st had Caroline. Such sweet moments!!! You are entering a very fun stage with her (the 15-18 months poriod is SO one of my favorites!- but I do have a lot of those) Anyway, looking back on her newborn posts, man I have told a couple people lately, I am no Mrs. Duggar, but seriosuly I don't know how I am going to stop having babies- I love them so much! There is something so sweet about those first days bringing a new little life into your house =)I can't believe a year has already come and gone! Cherish every moment! (I know you do!) Happy [belated] birthday Caroline!