Tonight the youth had a progressive dinner and I got to be the entree house. We had lasagna, salad and garlic bread. It was such a fun night having everyone over! Now they are at the dessert house playing dirty santa. Every time I am around these kids I am so glad that we are here. These youth blow me away at their kindness, respect, love for each other and care and concern for us.
This morning a youth mom came over to help me clean up - she organized the toy room - no small feat! Then she went to the grocery store for me to buy what I needed!! Wow!! Then, some of the girls came over a little before the rest of the youth to help me do last minute stuff like put ice in drinks, put bread in the oven, cut the lasagna and even get Elizabeth Joy dressed :-) I am constantly in awe of how much the people of this church go above and beyond to serve David and me. I thought we were here to serve them - but they bless us and serve us more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment