12/14/12

Pet Fish

Caroline won some fish at our church's fall festival several weeks ago. Caroline talked Mimi, during her visit, to getting her fish some more fish friends. So we have two little guys in there now. She named them Caroline and Nemo :-) There were four fish total (since she is 4), but two of them kicked the bucket. It was our first time to explain death to Caroline and it went very well. After David explained how death entered the world because of sin, I went to give her a hug and tell her I was sorry. Caroline said, "It's ok mama, I'm fine." So, there we have it.
These little guys were a surprise on us, so I wasn't quite prepared when we brought them home to care for them, but I found this fish bowl full of rocks and shells at Goodwill and they seem to be happy little fish!
Both girls love the fish and love feeding them and talking to them. They sure are easy pets! I can't believe these two have lasted so long! ha!

No comments: