Elizabeth Joy is walking now! She doesn't walk 100% of the time, but she can walk the length of our living room now! I keep trying to video it, but she sits as soon as I pull out the camera. I guess she's shy!
She has turned a corner in playing. She is a busy little lady; playing constantly! She is really into her baby dolls, loving, rocking and patting them. She also loves books. She will bring me a book to read her and actually listen to it (unlike big sis). She LOVES her door toy that she got for christmas and anything that plays music. She dances constantly to music - in the car, at home, with toys that play anything. Her lasting obsession is my tupperware cabinet. She loves to empty it and climb in and then play with all the tupperware all over the kitchen. I don't mind, especially when I'm cooking because it keeps her busy and happy.
She also loves to stand on a stool in the bathroom and look at herself in the mirror and play with our tooth brushes - yumm. Climbing in chairs or anything that might resemble a chair is also a favorite activity of hers.
She is just starting to play with silverware at supper. She will hold a spoon and baby fork and pretend to use it, but actually eat with her hand. She used to drink out of a cup without a sippy top, but now she just puts her hand in the cup.
Elizabeth Joy is fully weaned now! She is totally off of mama milk and on to cow's milk. It was not a pleasant experience for her to wean - she would get pretty frustrated, but at the same time, when I let her she wouldn't nurse for more than a minute. So, I figured that wouldn't sustain her so it was time to switch to cow milk.
She is sleeping fantastically. She goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 p.m. and wakes up between 6:46 and 7:15. She usually naps for 2 hours in the morning and an hour and a half in the afternoon. Today and yesterday, though, she wouldn't take her morning nap. By this time with Caroline she had dropped her morning nap - so I'm on the lookout for that with EJ!
She has 4 teeth and has two more popping in - which cause her pain. She seems to get ear infections, one after the other, which I am going to explore with the Dr. soon.
Elizabeth Joy LOVES her sister. She gets so excited when Caroline wakes up in the morning (which is about 7:30 now). EJ initiates a lot of crawling races down the hall with Caroline.
She is my busy little joyful love!! I am so glad she's around!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment