Well, Caroline was diagnosed with the flu last week! It was a major bummer. Having an extravert mom with an extravert & quarantined child is not a good combo. Every day I caught myself saying, "I should invite ____ over.." or "maybe ____ would come over for dinner". Each time I had to remind myself that no - indeed - we do not want to spread the flu to everyone we know. One morning another extravert mom whose 3 kids had RSV hung out with us... ha, that was probably dangerous. But everyone seems fine!
Poor Caroline had a hard time understanding why we couldn't play with her friends. Lucy, Cadence and Isaac were a constant source of conversation. Her stages of grief over not hanging out with them went like this:
1. She thought that they were mad at her
2. she was mad at them
3. she thought that I was mad at her,
4. then she repeated the mantra "I am sick, so I can't play with them".
It was extremely sad when she was flush with a fever, coughing with mucus running out of her nose and she'd say, "But I'm not sick anymore!" She soo did not want to be sick.
We watch LOTS of Caillou. I actually like this show because Caillou deals with the same things that Caroline deals with. He even gets disciplined for the same things she does. It is nice having a show where a kid gets disciplined (gracefully)!
All that leads me to planning meals for this week... last week we ordered pizza on Wednesday instead of eating at church. That was tasty - but a really bad choice for my points with WW. eek...
Breakfast
Egg casserole (1/4 c half and half, 4 eggs, salt, pepper, whatever spice, veggies and meat I have around in muffin cups) with fruit
Oatmeal with agave nectar, craisins and chopped apples
Greek Yogurt with Kashi Go Lean and fruit
Smoothies - frozen strawberries, frozen banana, spinach, flaxseed, mango nectar with almond butter toast
Toast covered with warm cinnamon apples and melted cheese
Shredded wheat
Lunch
leftovers from suppers
pb and honey sandwiches
fruit
carrots
quesadillas
apple sauce
yogurt
pretzel sticks
My favorite lunch these days: TJ's black bean soup, cheese toast with grapes and diet coke
Dinner - I must be in a mexican mood
Monday: Turkey Tacos with Quacamole Hummus and veggies
Tuesday: Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with Spinach salad
Wednesday: Church
Thursday: Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken taken to campus for Ministry Leadership/Matters class
Friday: Black Bean burritos with brown rice and salsa?
Saturday: I'm feeling a chick fil a night!
Sunday: K-group supper (after we get back from Columbia, MO where D is preaching!)
2 comments:
I should point out that they were never diagnosed with RSV......but that doesn't take away their symptoms! Glad she's on the mend. Isaac was most definitely *not* mad at her! :)
I'm so sorry about sicknesses in your house! Thanks for all the good recipe suggestions! The Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken is next on my list to try! :)
Post a Comment