Here are a couple things I don't want to forget about our girls...
Caroline tells stories a lot, especially at dinner. Somehow, no matter what the story is about, she always says, "... and then I BONKED my head (with a hand motion patting her head hard while the other arm is spread out in the air)..." That part is usually the climax of the story.
David was dropping Caroline off at the Log Cabin last Wednesday morning. When she got out of the car several birds were chirping. She looked up in the air and said, "Birds, I don't know what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure you need to go back to sleep. Okay?"
Last Monday, I went in to work at Covenant, which I don't do often anymore. I left when Elizabeth Joy wasn't looking. David said that about two minutes after I left she crawled to my room while chanting "Mama... mama... mama." Then she pulled herself up to peek over the edge of the bed, on her tip toes, looking for me in the bed saying "Mama?.. mama?" and having a little conversation with herself with babbles. David said she didn't sound worried or sad, just like we were playing hide and seek (sad to me still!). She is hardcore into Mama these days.
Also, when Elizabeth Joy sees a baby doll or a puppy, her little pretend words go higher in pitch and she tilts her head to the side like she is talking in sweet baby talk... but it is actual baby talk because she doesn't know English words yet AND she's a baby. :-) It is one of the cutest sights to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment