2/27/12

Menu Plan Monday

My fabulous weekly write in calendar just ran out of its last page. I keep it on the fridge so I can easily plan our week. I need to go buy another one, but in the mean time, I will bring MPM back to the blog to keep up with our menu!
I love the blog The Happy Housewife. Her menu plans are simple and good. She has tons of kids, I think 7 - so the recipes are usually very quick! The pictures are from her blog - but not all the food is.

Breakfasts
Egg Casserole with strawberries & blueberries (we had these this morning and they were very good! and fast)
eggcasserole Menu Plan
Frozen Trader Joe's Waffles with almond butter, warm apples with cinnamon
cornmeal waffles Menu Plan: Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
Oatmeal with agave nectar, cinnamon, craisins, sliced apples
Whole wheat lemon poppyseed muffins with smoothies (1 cup yogurt, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 cup juice, flaxseed or wheat germ) update: I made these instead
dsc05827 11 Menu Plan
cereal, eggs, oatmeal

Lunches
Homemade hummus with pretzels, carrots, cucumber
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Yogurt
Grilled cheese
Cheese and crackers
Apple sauce
Fruit
Leftovers from supper

Dinners
Monday
Cuban Chicken Salad
IMG 1684 Cuban Chicken Salad











Tuesday
Trader Joe's Mango Chicken Sausage sauteed with bell peppers, onions, garlic served with brown rice and steamed broccoli/cauliflower

Wednesday
Dinner at church
Thursday
Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
Friday
Orange Chicken with rice and broccoli
Saturday
Out? or leftovers or something easy
Sunday
Dinner with K-group

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I DO NOT need another blog to be a time-wasting temptation....but I think the one you mentioned will actually be useful! Just have to learn to read it in moderation :) Thanks!