12/28/10

Orbix Hot Glass in Lickskillet, AL

Mom, Emalee, Alice and I drove to Lickskillet, Alabama to visit Orbix Hot Glass. It was a great place where they blow glass.

Here is the owner giving us a demonstration. He pulled a horse out of that glass like it was already in there! It was amazing!
These pitchers are gorgeous. Oprah even featured them in her Favorite Things.
I got a ring holder that the owner is custom making for me! It was a fun outing for the girls!

2 comments:

lasyoung said...

Jess & I can't wait to take a trip to Orbix! Did you know that Julia's Godfather, Drew, works there part time? His stepsister's husband is the owner :-). He made Julia her first Christmas tree ornament there & it's beautiful!

Karen said...

these are so beautiful! I can't believe it is down the road from my Mom's. She said people get lost trying to find it, but obviously you had no problem. I'll have to check it out.