11/24/10

Lovely Ladies


I know that I am in a seriously blessed phase of my life right now because I am surrounded by some wonderfully lovely ladies. These are several of the women from my neighborhood. We went out to celebrate two of their birthdays at The Chocolate Bar. Many other amazing women are not pictured here too! We should seriously get a big group photo at our Christmas party...

These women are so wonderful! It is because of them, their husbands and their children that I love seminary life so much. We see each other daily as our kids play together, we talk about surviving our husband's schedules, discipline techniques, share our food battles with our kids, talk about recipes, gardening & menu plans. We talk about gestating, birthing, nursing, diapering, and scheduling our children. (did I tell you that we have at least 14 preggos in our neighborhood? 5 in the picture above alone!) We pray for each other, invite each other over to do our nails, cook meals for each other, have play groups in our basements in the winter, monitor sit and babysit each others kids. We celebrate each other, cry with each other and grieve together. We watch shows together, craft together and play bunco. What a unique time to be in such a great community where we are all in the same boat and can support each other like family.

I am so thankful for these women (and the women who have already graduated and gone!) and so thankful that we can love each other because Christ loved us first!

2 comments:

Beth said...

this made me so happy and so sad all at once.

Leigh Ann said...

I love this post! I am so happy you are so happy and in such a great support group of women!!!