11/25/10

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Wow, we have a lot to be thankful for. The Lord has provided for us abundantly this year. Not only have his provisions been great, but so has his faithfulness to allow us to just plain get through it! :-) I'm also thankful that he will continue to help us and will always love us.

We had such a nice day today! We woke up bright and early and had some scrumptious pumpkin pancakes with some non-low fat whipped cream that I made with nutmeg and vanilla. It reminded me of egg nog. David even put some in his coffee.
We played, read books, watched the Macy's thanksgiving parade, and cleaned the house in preparation for Christmas decorations! We hope to put up the tree tomorrow, if we can fit it in before the Iron Bowl! Caroline took a nice long nap while David and I rested and then I put the finishing touches on my part of the Thanksgiving meal. I made sweet potatoes and apple cranberry bake - two of my favorites!
We ate dinner at our sweet friend's, The Brocks, along with two other Gulf Drive families and an Iraqi family. It was a fun time!! Everyone made amazing food and we had fun conversations comparing our culture with the Iraqi culture, among other things.

This is Caroline greeting Isaac.
Caroline talks about Isaac nonstop. She calls him "I-daak". She constantly wants to go to his house and if she sees anything that is his, his mom, their van, a toy of his she screams "I-daak!". They have similar personalities and activity levels so it works out well for them to play together.

This is Toby, Isaac's little brother.
This is the first baby that Caroline ever held and she is obsessed with being his little mama as much as she is with seeing his older brother. She is very concerned about him and sometimes a little aggressively loving too.

No comments: