5/27/10

Beach Time!

Ahh, the beach. This has been such a nice week . I think the fact that we were craving a vacation helped us soak up the awesomeness of family helping with Caroline, the sound of waves crashing on the beach, the ability to get up and run, eat breakfast, rest, so on, so forth without strict time constraints! It has been GREAT!

Here we are in our cool hats (yeah, we're dorks.) We forgot hats and conveniently Southwest gave us free hats for being on the first flight to Panama City.
We shared a room with Caroline, which meant she somehow made it into our bed every night. It was sweet sleeping with her. This morning when I woke up, this is how I found my two cuties! I remember snuggling with my dad in the exact same position. So sweet.

The men went fishing and David caught a 34 lb fish! Bigger than our daughter!
Cute shot of my love :-)
Family picture at dinner on our second day at Fish out of Water.

My suite-mate from college LIVES here (how awesome is that) and we had a great time walking around catching up with our daughters.
Caroline was not as in love with the beach as she was last time. She was actually afraid of the beach. I can't remember a time that she was afraid of anything, so that was strange for us. Grandaddy came to the rescue and he is the only one she would let take her near the water without crying until the last day. Before that, every time I let her feet touch the sand she would run to the stairs back to the pool. We did have good times at the baby pool though :-)
Finally, fun in the water!
Father and sons. Congratulations to Payton for graduating from Auburn!!! We're so proud of him.
Here is Caroline playing when we could finally convince her to stick around.
Caroline made some strides in her speaking this week. She says "Wah" and sometimes "Wah-wah" for water and points to any water she sees. She called grandaddy De-de and we think she was calling Karen Ge-Ge. She also said diaper, which blew me away :-) And she tells me when she goes potty. She is also singing Twinkle, Twinkle little star with us! She says "wink-ul, wink-ul, weedul" then hums until we sing "up, above the world so high" and she sings "upa buda wuda hiii" :-) Its so sweet.

We let her have a bare bottom a lot on this trip and we got her to sit on the toilet and she would pretend to go to the bathroom, immediately grab toilet paper and wipe and put the toilet paper in the toilet bowl. I was impressed and made me wonder if she wants to potty train soon!

She loved the pool and loved being pushed around in the water. She was busy and made lots of friends. She kicked the ball with some boys, shared toys and would smile at every baby, point and say "Bebe".

She's so fun! :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

The picture of David and Caroline absolutely melts my heart. It looks like you guys had a great trip!

Jake and Mandy said...

Looks like so much fun!! I want to go to the beach too! I'm glad you got some well-deserved rest. :) ~Mandy

Mama Ann said...

Those are such good pictures. Caroline is such a sweet cute little girl- y'all just live too far away! I'm glad you do this blog so i can keep up with you a little :-).

Karen said...

It was an awesome trip! Need to get copies of some of the photos! Miss y'all!