We headed to the beach bright and early on Sunday morning with David's family. We were in NEED of rest - and boy did we get it. We are leaving in the morning to go back to St. Louis and we have had such a wonderful week.
One sad aspect of graduation is all the goodbyes that happen. Such sweet and dear families have left our gulf drive haven and moved on to where the Lord has called them. I am SO sad that they are gone. They left while we have been at the beach - so it doesn't seem real. I just keep seeing their goodbye posts on facebook... but once I see their dark windows and an empty parking lot, it may just hit me. The night before we left we had a fun goodbye cookout with everyone. It was weird saying goodbye. I didn't take any pictures because we were soaking the moments in. So sad. I am so grateful that we have two years left and some FAB friends sticking around with us. But I can tell this is going to be hard every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment