7/12/09

My CAA folk will enjoy this

So, each night for Caroline's bedtime routine, I sing a few songs to her as I rock her. I usually do hymns like Holy Holy Holy, It is Well, Jesus Loves me, but every night, by surprise, without even trying, I end up singing

"We hail thee, Carolina and sing thy high praise..." I sing the University of South Carolina Alma Mater just about every night. The funniest thing is that I will be in the middle of a different song and anything that I am singing will morph into the USC alma mater.

Sometimes my Auburn-self will need to be redeemed so I'll sing "On the rolling plains of dixie..." the Auburn Alma Mater :-) It just doesn't sound as good as USC's in the lullaby form.

I've been meaning to tell all my Carolina Alumni Association folks for a while now; I knew you'd get a kick out of it.

3 comments:

Rosemary and Tim said...

Nooo!! You've got to find a way turn Auburn's alma mater into a lullaby. How about some Adpi songs too?

Julia said...

haha oh MB - too funny! Kinsey will just LOVE this (not that I don't, but you know Ms. Cooper epitomizes USC!)

Mary Beth said...

I could totally do some adpi songs, some of those are slow. Not the hey ya though :-)