Do you see what I see?
In other news, this has been a huge couple of weeks for Caroline developmentally. She full on crawls now. I have little videos of her learning to crawl but I haven't gotten a video of her for real crawling all over the place - probably because I am now constantly putting things on higher ground that she is aiming for and cleaning up the messes behind her. Her mobility and my constant lessons on babyproofing the house have been keeping me busy!
Below is a picture of Caroline's first new freedom - standing up in her crib.
This was a couple weeks ago. She would stand up and then not be able to get herself back down and that would cause her to be quite unhappy. So, by the help of my sister, she encouraged me to be very diligent in teaching her to sit back down - instead of scooping her up to save her like I wanted to do as she screamed in my face. Well, I am proud to say that she can now sit back down!
Now she pulls up on everything she possibly can and sits back down. She hasn't started walking around while holding onto things yet, but I bet that is soon!
We are still loving St. Louis! Our newest favorite find is Fro-Yo! Our neighbors are super awesome. We love just walking to our front porch and we have a bunch of folks to hang out with.
We recently joined the Y and are taking full advantage. They have a great scholarship program that gives us a discount since David is in seminary (thank you!) So, we've taken Caroline to a parent-&-baby gymnastics class - which was adorable. It consisted of Caroline crawling up and down ramps, bouncing on huge mats, and swinging on stuff. Today I took her to a parent-&-baby music class. We had a great time shaking maracas, hitting drums, singing and helping mom learn fun songs to sing with Caroline. Saturday we're going to the swim class. We took Caroline swimming on Sunday, but we didn't feel super confident with what to do with her, so hopefully this class will give us good tips.
Lastly, it is looking like my stay-at-home time may be coming to an end! I have two job interviews coming up in the next couple of weeks - both of them are in the area of my masters degree which is great. So, please pray that the Lord will make it clear what we are to do about me working and all the details that go into that (like childcare, etc).
No comments:
Post a Comment