7/6/09

Beignet

This sweets loving woman loves a sweets loving man. Together we come up with some fun desserts :-) This one seemed to be the most random to me. Bruce and Karen went to New Orleans for their honeymoon and on the most recent last trip, we were given a mix of the famous Cafe Du Monde Beignet mix as a souvenir. (great gift!)

David and I wanted something sweet last night at about 10 pm (did I mention this is his vacation week from class?) So we made Beignets! They were so good and I was super impressed that I made it look almost like the ones on the box :-)
I have never been to New Orleans, but David said it tasted just like the real deal! We didn't want to make coffee so late, so we had them with hot chocolate instead... was that any better than coffee? Probably not.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

girl you need some decaf coffee for those late-night cravings!

Mary Beth said...

you're so right!

Anonymous said...

My mom used to make beignets for my birthday breakfast every year. They are delicious!! And, really should be eaten as a dessert...woops. ;-)

LA and MA said...

MB- y'all have a standing invitation for a NOLA and surrounding area tour- Bert & I will meet you there or we can arrange for one of his family to do the honors. Bert has family all around the vicinity who are very welcoming :-). Just let me know when the time is right!We make faux beignets w/ canned biscuits.Yours look like the real thing :-) . xo LA via MA's computer