2/20/09

Comps is over!

Today I finished my comps exam!! I am SO GLAD to have it finished. It wasn't horrible; I think I passed it! We find out the results at the end of March.  
The picture above is my study group! They were so awesome and we had a great time studying together. Our team name was The 21st Century Foxes and Johnny :-) 

Our program has a tradition of a big Comps celebration right when we finish the test. All the first years, our supervisors that we work with, and some students that we work with all come to cheer for us when we walk out of the test. David and Caroline came and joined in the fun. 

Another tradition is to not touch the horse statue in front of the College of Education until we have taken comps, so we all go through the tunnel of cheering to go touch the horse and drink champagne and take pictures. It was so fun and so great to have so many friends and supporters cheering us on!
Now David, Caroline and I are on our way to the mountains for a Navigator Staff Conference for the weekend! What a great way to relax after studying for a couple months! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, and how nice to have the support of friends, family & ritual/traditions!
I remember dreading taking comps at UA, and then thinking that they were not as hard as I'd thought they'd be- in fact it was sort of fun.
But I have no memory of any traditions or celebration- it was just over- whew.
Looks like USC does things right :-).
Thanks for sharing.
Congrats! xo

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you survived Comps!!! Congratulations!

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you all.

Anonymous said...

Glory, glory! So glad it's done. Great job-you survived with a new city, fairly new marriage, full time job, pregnancy, new mama, and grad school. You should never be intimidated by the size of a job facing you again. You've come through with flying colors!! We're proud of you :-)

Mama