
I did some more coupon shopping today at Publix. The original amount was 137.48 with sales and coupons the total was 98.28. I saved $40.86. So, I saved about 30% - the same percentage of savings last time. I really want to raise my percentage of savings, while getting things I actually need. The lady at the register was very excited for my savings, so, I appreciated her encouragement. She also signed me up for the Publix baby club, which will gives me more coupons on baby stuff and free stuff in the mail. Also, did you know that if Publix is having a sale one something, but they run out of that item, you can get a raincheck and get that item for the sale price when they finally get it in? I didn't until today, so I got a raincheck on a BOGO that I also have coupons to pair with it. Great!!
It has been surprising, but I haven't needed much baby stuff! I have tons of diapers and wipes from a shower at work, I breast feed, so no need for formula, and I have tons of clothes from showers and my generous sister & cousin! I haven't bought Caroline one diaper or one stitch of clothing (yet). But, I am saving the coupons for when I do to!
The reason our groceries have been so expensive lately is I let our food supply get really, really low! Shame, shame. So, I am stocking back up on things. It is funny, in our premarital counseling our counselor asked us to say one way we wanted the other to show love for each other, no matter how trivial. I said, that David would put his dishes in the dishwasher after he used them. David's response was that he would always have a full pantry of things to eat (that didn't require cooking). I noticed that our pantry was empty and poor David was still putting his dishes in the dishwasher. So, that meant I had to get back to the grocery store - and figure out how to save money doing it.
4 comments:
and the score is...
david- 1
mary beth - 0
jk, you've had comps silly girl, I am sure sweet david has cut you some slack!! and, you did just go shopping :-)
Please tell me the secret to finding your coupons! With just buying a house, I am in desperate need of saving some money on groceries...
It's the "ready-to-eat" food that I still haven't quite figured out! I feel like the snacks I do buy just sit in the pantry until I get tired of looking at them (which is long after they're still fit to eat!).
And I'm curious about this coupon shopping. I've been looking into it, but the coupons aren't ever for things we buy/eat. And when I see people blogging about and showing what they bought, it's never things we need/want/usually buy. Buying things just because they're on sale seems like a waste, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. Anyway. Would love to hear more about how you do it!
I too have been trying to "coupon" although not the insane way that some people do. I only want coupons for things we actually buy.
Publix is my favorite place!
Where do you find your coupons? I've been doing a google search for things on my list and then trying to find them that way. The most I've saved was $20 which I was proud of.
Share your tips!!! :)
Post a Comment