11/24/08

Values, Christ and Holidays

I love this video. My siblings and I have challenged each other to give gifts to each other that cost nothing. Maybe next year we could add a service or giving component to the getting together routine.

This also goes along with discussions David and I have been having regarding how we will raise our children and how to celebrate holidays as a family. Our conversations lately have been around how the actions we do will teach our children certain values - whether we like it or not. We hope to be very intentional with our little one(s). I pray that David and I will continue to desire to not get caught up in consumerism around the holidays as is so easy to do and as we have in the past (and present).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it too- where'd you find it?
I found a book, Unplug the Christmas Machine, a few yrs. back which you would probably appreciate- it has some great insights and ideas for practical application. Ya'll are in our thoughts & prayers. Happy Thanksgiving!xo