8/2/08

Pug Day @ the park

This morning we took our dog Pete to the "Pug Meetup at the Park", a gathering of local pugs and their owners on the first Saturday of each month. Pete will be 2 in a couple of weeks, but he still has a tremendous amount of energy, so these meetups have been a good way to let Pete socialize with other pugs.

Pugs are notorious for having short, sporadic bursts of energy, and then crashing and requiring hours of rest to recuperate. Case in point: as I type this late in the afternoon, Pete is still fast asleep!

If you'd like to watch a short video of Pete and "Harley" playing, you can click here.

After an hour or so, there is a cacophony of pug sounds - I wish we had a video of them snorting and making other noises, almost in unison. Today was especially loud because of the heat and humidity; pugs have an awfully hard time breathing because of their small nasal passages.

If it seems ridiculous that we would blog about our dog, then I would have to agree, but then again we love the little guy.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mary Beth-
I am so excited to see you have a blog too! I added it to my list so I check it often! It really is such a fun way to keep up with every one! I loved your first post on finding out you were pregnant- we can totally relate (while the passing out might take it to the next level =) But it is amazing how you can't imagine it and then in no time at all you can't imagine your life any other way! I am so excited for ya'll! Your family is precious!

Julia said...

Oh pete and his sly little smile!