8/7/08

Day of Cakes

Yesterday was my 25th birthday! I can't believe I am officially in my midtwenties. I know I'm not as old as I once thought 25 to be, though. When I think about how I'm about to be a mom I frantically think, I'm not old enough! My mom was 25 when she had my sister and I think she did a pretty good job being so young.

David is a great birthday celebrator! He made me breakfast AND dinner and took me to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, Monterrey’s. I am a huge Mexican food fan and would do almost anything for white cheese dip. After lunch, my office surprised me with a birthday celebration! I love the people in my office. I took a picture for the blog – but I noticed some shy folks regarding internet postings, so I decided not to embarrass them. But I’ll show the cake.

For my birthday, David gave me a ped-egg and a new camera! I was super excited for both. Occasionally, David and I will go to Cold Stone Creamery and see who comes up with the combination of ice cream and mix-ins. David shocks me with his odd combos that turn out to be winners!!! He’s amazing. I think he has a calling to have an ice cream shop and shock his customers with the crazy good flavors. He had one of our favorite combinations made into a cake for me! Cinnamon ice cream with Reeses cups. We’re still enjoying it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy BIrtrhday Mary Beth! It sounds like you had a great day- I love hearing about all the sweet things your creative husband does for you! I wish I had known about your love for mexican food and white cheese dip- we may have been even closer friends, haha =)