12/25/11

Christmas in Birmingham

Christmas was a delightful time in Alabama! We started off the holiday with David's side of the family.

On Christmas eve we were so excited to see David's cousin John and his family.
 That evening we had Uncle Marc, Janet and Daniel come over. We were so glad that Payton could come. He tried to follow the Ely tradition of being sick with the stomach flu for his first married christmas (David and I unfortunately started the trend our first married christmas!) We had a feast of yummy food and told lots of funny stories.
 After supper we read the christmas story from scripture together, prayed and then opened presents. The girls - Grandma Thompson (Karen's mom), Caroline, me, Karen, Jenny and Janet. Elizabeth Joy was asleep.
 Here are Bruce, Payton, David (and Caroline), Daniel and Marc.
 Caroline got lots of fun toys! Including an awesome dress up trunk fulllll of goodies from Aunt Jenny.
 What a beautiful princess.
 Christmas morning. Here we are when we all woke up.
 The girls and their stockings. It had lots of candy, an orange, and a little gift - Caroline, lip gloss and Elizabeth Joy, socks :-) (I smile at socks because this chick hates socks. I was hoping it was because she only used hand me down socks. I get it - I'm the 3rd girl in my family, I know the love hate relationship with hand me downs.... so I hoped new socks would be the trick... so far it is a big NOPE! She still hates them.)

 Now we're dressed up and ready for church! We visited Covenant Presbyterian, where my sister Sarah's family goes, for Christmas morning.
It was a treat to be able to go to church and worship on Christmas morning. What a fun day!

No comments: