7/4/11

4th of July fun in Sky Valley

The past week we have been in Sky Valley, Georgia for a family reunion of my side of the family. This is a place that I grew up coming to, but I haven't been back in a long time. It has been so much fun to be with family and be back in a childhood favorite place. 

I have a gazillion pictures, but here are a few teasers. Sky Valley has no cell reception or internet, except in the lodge. So I have been communication free all week. It has been interesting for all of us to coordinate plans with ourselves without cell phones :-) We've said stuff like, "When we get there we'll call you - wait, no we can't." :-) It is like we used to make plans 15 years ago! ha! Anyway...

David and Caroline enjoyed some popsicles for breakfast on the 4th - only because we're on vacation! :-) 
 Here are all the grandkids! Stegalls - Annie, William, Jeb, Henry; Squires - Elle, Evelyn, Aubrey; Ely's - Caroline and Elizabeth Joy; and Holmes - Alice. Watching these 10 interact together has been adorable and sweet!!
 Here is David and Caroline at the 4th of July parade!
 Here are the original 4 and a baby of theirs :-) We were all standing around holding one of our kids and I thought it was a cute scene that had to be captured!
 Mom being festive, as always!
Not only have we been together but we've also been able to see my aunt Leigh Ann and her family! Also my dad's aunt Callie and Mary.

More pictures and stories to come. This has been a great week!! Next week the girls and I are off to visit the Elys while David starts class! More fun on the way!

No comments: