3/10/11

Our days these days

It's cold in St. Louis! I'm just now starting to feel a major itch to go outside. I've got a 2 year old eager to play, but a newborn I'm not excited about bundling up and worrying about if she's too cold! So we've been inside. Come on spring!!
Elizabeth Joy has started smiling intentionally lately! If we make really goofy, smiley faces at her, she'll smile back!
Caroline and Elizabeth Joy are enjoying post-nap Elmo's World
Here's Daddy getting some smiling time!!
I was a BIG twirly skirt little girl - I still love a twirly skirt. Well, Caroline got a twirly dress in the mail from Mimi and she immediately started twirling when I put it on her. I didn't even suggest it :-) Caroline has also found a love for singing. She sings all the time these days. In this video she is twirling and singing a made up song about Elizabeth Joy (see if you can catch the "Bissess Joy" in there)

Here is a little mixture of some videos I took this week.
Caroline loves story time. She'll sit me on the floor and have me hold on of her bears and she will have story time with us where she reads us a book. This happens daily... many times daily :-)
She also loves circle time. This happens in the morning just after David leaves. She sits with Zoe in her lap and me with Toby or her bears and we sing as many songs as she can think of. Her current favorites are "He's got the whole world in his hands" (world hands), "Jesus Loves me" (Jesus me), "Twinkle Twinkle", "Old McDonald" (EIEIO), "Row, Row, Row your boat" (rowwww), "This is the Day that the Lord has Made" (This is the day of the Lord), and "The Hokey Pokey" (Hokey Hokey). (The words in parenthesis are what she calls them).

I love doing these times with her because I think this is her mimicking Parent's Morning Out with me. Some of the songs I had forgotten about, but she must have learned there!

Elizabeth Joy is so easy right now. She's happy being fed on time, being snuggled with and swinging!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am instructed to sing "This is the Day that the Lord has Made" when we drive to PMO....and just one time won't do! It's so fun to be with Caroline :) (And I'm sure Elizabeth Joy is a joy just like her name suggests but she's always been asleep when I've seen her :))

la said...

Love the twirly skirt :-)!