There has been some exciting news to share that I was not allowed to until today: We're moving to St. Louis!! Here is an email that David wrote to our prayer team tonight explaining our plans:Hey everyone,
Hope you are enjoying warmer weather these days. I promise to keep this e-mail relatively short, but I have some great news that I wanted to share with you. Mary Beth and I have been praying and seeking God's direction for what He would want us to do when my EDGE Corps internship ends in May. After much prayer and processing, it became clear that God has called me to serve in a pastoral role in a local church, and I will be pursuing theological & pastoral training at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis!! I have a real peace about where God is leading us, and I am excited about all of it!
The Lord has used my time here in Columbia to further cultivate my desire to faithfully teach His Word and to come alongside other believers and help them walk with God. I am so thankful for having had the opportunity to serve in collegiate ministry with The Navigators. It has been nothing short of awesome to see God moving in the hearts of college students and drawing them more and more to Himself.
I realize that many of you may want me to expand on the decision-making process or on the logistics of the move, and I would really enjoy talking to you about it. In short, we will be making the move sometime around June 1, as my first Greek class starts June 8. I will be pursuing an M.Div (Masters of Divinity) and anticipate graduating in May 2012. I am excited about becoming part of the "Covenant Community" in St. Louis and learning and growing along with my classmates.
Would you join us in praising God for His leading in our lives?
While I won't be serving with The Navigators in St. Louis, I will still be serving in ministry while in seminary. Would you prayerfully consider staying on our support team? We would love for you to continue your partnership with us over the next 3 years, as we prepare to do ministry for a lifetime.
I will discuss this in more detail in my next newsletter (coming soon).
THANK YOU for your partnership with us these past two years! They've been incredible because of you.
God Bless!
David, for us
2 comments:
mary beth,
my sisters friends from malawi are moving to st louis for seminary...Dan and Beth Robbins and their baby Elijah. I think that they are deferring admission a year to work and pay off missionary debt. They are in the same stage of life and you would probably love them. If you would like, I can get their email for you.
Congrats on the big news!
Wow! Congrats you guys! How exciting! I know you all will love it! We have numerous connections in St. Louis and visit often- Maybe we can see ya'll when we are there sometime! I am anxious to hear all about how the move, etc goes! Congrats again on starting a new exciting adventure in your lives!
Post a Comment