My mom (Mimi), stayed with David and me to help us learn how to take care of Caroline. She was amazing! She cooked wonderful meals for us and even froze many for later. She kept the house super clean - which helps me a ton because if the house gets messy I get stressed. She helped us sleep by taking care of Caroline as David and I napped and even at night!! She did so many little things that made such a big difference without having to even be asked. She made our home a very calm environment so the transition of adding Caroline to the family was as smooth as possible.
She ALSO helped us with tons of tips and tricks for a new baby - for example, how to get her wiggly arms through sleeves, how to change a diaper with kicking legs, how to bath her, tips for keeping her warm and comfortable, and a ton of other helpful hints!
We also just simply enjoyed her company. We enjoyed dinners at the table laughing and talking - which I always love. David and I were sad to see her go and so grateful for all her help.

2 comments:
Those are such sweet pictures.
What a blessing for Mimi to be able to be there with ya'll- she is a Wonder Mom :-).
xo
Mary Beth-
So glad ya'll are getting settled in and adjusted. She just looks so so sweet, and I know you already love her more than you ever could have imagined!! The pics with your mom are so sweet! It's funny how in those days after birth you suddenly appreciate them in a whole new light. My mom was the same way, she stayed two weeks with both of mine and BOTH times I bawled when she left and was terrified of having to do it without her! There is no better teacher than your own mother and it's funny how having one of your own makes you see her wisdom and every way she does things just naturally seems like the best way. Makes me hope that someday when my kdis have kids I will be able to help them as much as my mom helped me! Yay for moms and grandmas!!!
Post a Comment