7/29/08

Father Name Your Child...

David and I settled on a name for our little girl! Her name is
Caroline Margaret Ely

We both were pretty sure we wanted Caroline, but couldn't think of a good middle name for it. Finally, on Saturday, David thought of Margaret. I did like the name a lot, but I felt like naming a child should be something a whole lot more than just saying "sure!". So, we kept waiting for the thunderbolt from the heavens to confirm the name.
Today, when I came home from work, David surprised me with a cake! On the top it said, "Introducing... Caroline Margaret Ely". I was so surprised and excited! Finally - the thunderbolt came in the form of a tasty Publix cake!





David and I celebrated the naming of our child with the wonderful cake and a wonderful meal! I decided to cook a meal from the inspiration of my sister-in-law, Jenny. She's an amazing chef and I enjoy having her for inspiration! I stole the menu from her blog. It is Thai Chicken burgers, strawberry salad (I changed it to Romaine, b/c I don't enjoy spinach as much), and roasted garlic fries. It was very tasty!! And fun to cook! Thanks, Jen!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the name so much and the celebratory dinner looks so yummy and gorgeous!!! Well done, chef!

Carrie Friday said...

Oh I love her name!!! A pretty little name for a pretty little girl!

I'm so excited for you two! Girls are so much fun. Let me know if you want to know the best places to shop for all the cute little girl clothes! Stock up now!

Hillary said...

Beautiful! I love it! I made the garlic fries too.. yum yum. Thank heavens for Jenny, all the things I've made that she told me about are FAB!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful, classic name! I love Caroline, too. Congrats!