10/2/12

Menu Plan

Elizabeth Joy has been on an eating strike for a couple weeks now, so I am trying to figure out what to feed her so that she will be well nourished... it has been a trial for me. She will eat a little bit each day and all the food has been soft related - almost back to baby food. I am thinking she's got some teething pain. Eggs (all forms), mashed potatoes, hummus, yogurt, oatmeal, mac n cheese, & apple sauce have all been on her eating list. Yesterday I bought her a pouch of fruits and veggies mixed and she ate it!

Monday: Shepherd's Pie - this was the first big meal EJ has eaten in a long time! She had two servings of it. I browned ground beef with onions, cooked some chopped carrots and added it with peas and cooked corn. Then I added some worcestershire sauce, lawry's seasoning and pepper, let that heat while I made mashed potatoes. I put the meat mixture in a 9x13, topped it with the mashed potatoes and added a little cheese on top. Baked at 350 for 15 minutes. It was a hit with the whole family. David and I had to pick up our jaws off the floor watching Elizabeth Joy eat so much! I might have to make this more often.

Tuesday: Wildtree Pork chops, cheese grits, steamed broccoli, cooked cinnamon apples - anybody heard of Wildtree? A woman in our church is a representative for Wildtree. Wildtree is a spice company and the way they sell is at homes like Stella and Dot or Pampered Chef. Their parties are freezer workshops. You buy a package of spices and they tell you what meats and veggies to bring. Then at the workshop you put together the meals in an hour! At the end of the hour you have 10 freezer meals that are delicious. I split mine in half and had 20. I've gone to two parties... so I have had 40 meals!!! The pork chops are from the Wildtree workshop. So far all the meals have been delicious - so good in fact that I served one to my mom and she immediately ordered the Wildtree products so that she could make it at home! Anyway - I am hoping EJ will eat the grits and apples... that's all I have expectation for. ***update*** EJ ate everything and even had 2nds! I chopped up the pork very small and smothered it in cheese grits! She loved the apples too.  I don't know if she is over the strike or it these past two meals have been home runs.... ****

Wednesday: Family Night Supper at Church. My neighbor, Becky, and I usually eat dinner together on Wednesday nights with our little ones. Her husband is a family medicine resident and isn't usually home and mine is with the youth! But once a month our church has supper at church so we'll all go to that.

Thursday: Wildtree Easy Tacos, with the fixins and black beans. I'll have a hard boiled egg ready for EJ incase she won't eat. I bet she'll eat some beans though!

Friday: Leftovers - David is usually out with the youth at a high school football game, so I like to only go all out on meals when he is at home.

Saturday: David's parents will be in town to hear him preach on Sunday AND his birthday will be the next week - so maybe all 6 of us will go out somewhere for an early birthday celebration.

Sunday: I usually pack sandwiches or hummus, fruit and cheese to eat in the car on the way to church.

Breakfast options: 
Mini frittatas (eggs, 1/2&1/2, cheese, with chopped meat & veggies, baked in muffin tin)
smoothies (1.5 cup greek yogurt, 1.5 cup juice, 1.5 cup frozen fruit blended)
oatmeal
pancakes
cereal
fruit

Lunch:
Sandwiches, hummus, salads, fruit, EJ has some veggie/fruit pouches, crackers, pretzels, cheese.

No comments: