We had a fun and relaxing thanksgiving this year. We stayed in St. Louis again. Traveling home for thanksgiving just as the end of the semester gets going just isn't feasible to keep a husband (or wife) sane. But we were blessed to have my parents decide to come join us!
The girls loved having their Mimi and Grandaddy in town. Here they are showing off the shirts I made them.

I love setting tables, and this year I decided to do a silver and white themed table - to match my fine china. I spray painted our leftover pumpkins and some leaves from the trees silver. I used cookie-cuters as place cards (idea from southern living). We also had twine around the centerpiece with little pieces of paper wrapped around it with things we're thankful for. Also on each place card, David and I wrote what we were thankful for about each person.
Elizabeth Joy learned that she LOVES to lounge on Grandaddy. She would sit in his lap and stretch all the way out like she is in the picture. Or she'd just lay still and happy on his chest for as long as he'd let her.
After our meal of ham, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted green beans, dressing, strawberry salad, rolls, and pecan pie, Caroline decided that everyone needed to read a book. So she initiated and conducted story time. :-)
Then after bedtime, the adults had a competitive night of Wii Resort. It was lots of fun! I am so thankful for my family. We certainly missed all the family that we love so much and didn't get to see. What a sweet time to ponder what we are thankful for!

2 comments:
The shirts you made the girls look so cute on them!!! I plan on copying you for next year, as I never got around to making Jackson one this year. :)
Your girls are precious...you did a great job on their shirts! I'm your newest follower...loving your blog :)
Post a Comment