9/4/11

7 months and 33 months

Happy 7 months to my baby!
7 months is a weird age to me because now she is getting even more independance from me and is now closer to her 1st birthday than she is to her birth! For 9 months she lived inside of me and got all of her needs filled by me, then for 6 months she lived outside of me, but still got all her sustenance from me. But now, she is eating tons of food - like, acting like I can never feed her enough and has a mature taste (aka wants to feed herself). She still nurses, but that has become way less frequent than it used to.
Mobility is probably the word of the month for Elizabeth Joy. She is very mobile, curious, and busy. She crawls all over the apartment and looks at things, trying to put most everything in her mouth. Today she found the back door that is all window. She just stared outside silently and motionless for about 2 minutes! I watched her, wondering what she was thinking.


Caroline put this bow on Elizabeth Joy's head.

Happy 33 months to my big girl! She is now 2 years and 9 months old! This is the magic age to move to a big girl bed... but things are going so well in the crib tent that David and I aren't quite sure we want to move her yet. We are going to wait until she makes it clear she is ready (I'm not quite sure what that will look like, but whatever)

She is a sweet big sister! I sometimes have to repeat the command "Be gentle!" or "You may not pick her up" or if I catch her when she already has I quietly and calmly say "Please put Bisses Joy down softly." Catching her in the act by startling her can cause a DROP! eek.. Anyway, besides being overly excited about Elizabeth Joy, she is also a great set of eyes as EJ explores. Whenever EJ finds something she shouldn't have, Caroline is quick to let her know. :-)

Caroline is very playful these days. She is a very good momma to her dolls. She is obsessed with her friends, especially Lucy Watson & Isaac and Nathan Brock. We play with them almost daily. I have to hold her back from running over to Lucy's as soon as she wakes up... at 6:30 a.m. 

2 comments:

Beth said...

those girls of yours are so stinkin' cute! :)

The Morginskys said...

what a mover and a shaker! EJ is sooo sweet! by the way, we had maggie in her crib and her bed in the same room and one day she just said, "i'm ready for my bed tonight!" and the rest was history! naptime was hard for one day but then it was fine! so she might literally tell you when she is ready!