5/8/11

Mother's Day


FROM DAVID:

Today was a really special day - Mother's Day. This morning we had French Toast & Bacon, had a leisurely morning, and then went to church. I had big plans to enjoy a family picnic at the Arch, but Elizabeth Joy had contradictory plans. She flipped out after apparently being over-stimulated at church, and so we drove him and ate lunch. All four of us took good naps (!!!!), and then we finally headed to the riverfront and the Arch. In sunny, 80 degree weather, we had a great time playing, eating s'mores, and running around. Caroline was fascinated by the horses (you can pay for a carriage ride around downtown). No carriage-riding, but that was just as well, because as soon as I got her somewhat close to the horse, Caroline would say in protest, "He bite!". Despite my many assurances, she couldn't bring herself to pet the horse. Oh well. She was a darling, so cute just running and twirling around. Caroline would run up to a couple throwing a frisbee and say, "My turn now", fully expecting to get a chance.

Unfortunately, I don't blog much, but wish I did more. I wanted to say how much I love Mary Beth and appreciate her for being the momma she is. I have been so impressed by the way she has handled the transition to being a stay-at-home mom, and how she handles the juggling act. Maybe more than anything else, I appreciate her approach to parenting - intentional, respectful, generous, and humble. Our kids are blessed to have Mary Beth Ely as a mom. And I am blessed to have Mary Beth Ely as a wife!

Below are some pictures for comparison...it's funny to us how we look so much younger even just one year ago. Of course, the biggest contrast is in the way that Elizabeth Joy is actually here now!! Caroline has sprouted a lot too :)


Mother's Day 2011
Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day 2011
Mother's Day 2010
Here is Elizabeth Joy & her first picture at the Arch. Mary Beth and I were talking today about how EJ is our St. Louis baby. Caroline calls it "St. Woois".

I love this video, and so does Mary Beth. I especially like the anticipation building.


1 comment:

Karen said...

She is wonderful indeed!