
David: It's shocking to me when I see how small Elizabeth Joy is in my arms! I feel like I look (relatively) old in this picture, but maybe it's because I know I have TWO daughters now. I'm really blessed to have two little ladies in my house.

I promise: Elizabeth Joy smiles whenever we DON'T have the camera. She has a great "Let's take ourselves seriously" pose. Already I can tell that Elizabeth Joy is a great face-reader. She loves to scan our faces and then mimic our expressions. I don't want to be deterministic, but for what it's worth, my guess is that Elizabeth Joy will be an emotionally sensitive, reflective woman. I say this because she seems to be truly observant of Mary Beth and my emotions. Of course, this also could be my gut feeling because her sister is such an obvious extrovert, and siblings tend to be different from one another! One thing is for sure, though - Caroline & Elizabeth look like sisters.

Caroline is my bud. She experiences life in a 0-60 mph-in-2.2 seconds-type of speed. I hate seeing her fall and get "boo-boos", but I love watching her get back to it and try it again. She has a resoluteness about her, and I can't help but appreciate her natural confidence. When she's playing on the playground and sees me walking toward her, she exclaims, "FIVE MORE MINUTES!". She somehow knows when it's time to go, but can't stand walking away.

Our church, The Kirk of the Hills, has a sweet Nursing Room. Since we were all alone, I got to stay and watch part of the service while we were in there. Here is Elizabeth watching our senior pastor, Mark Kuiper, with great interest.
Caroline in her element
No comments:
Post a Comment