Well, I'm giving gardening a try. I'm not having high hopes this year since it is my learning year, but I am really enjoying it so far! Gulf Drive has garden plots for people who want to use them. The past two Saturdays we have had garden work day getting the beds ready and now, here it is! I didn't start with seeds because, honestly, I didn't know I was supposed to back in March. Right now I am growing lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, peas, red onions, white onions, cilantro, basil and peppermint (in a pot). In May I can plant tomatoes and peppers and squashes. My next door neighbor seems to be a pro gardener, so maybe I can learn a lot from him in the process!
Most mornings David or I will go with Caroline to water the plants. She loves, loves, loves being outside these days. We give her a little cup that she likes to dump on the plants (after we tell her 10 times not to drink it).
I'll try to keep my garden up to date to see how well everything is harvested!
No comments:
Post a Comment